Instructors and Educators

Instructors and Educators

Sacramento Sparks Reno Welding Supply

Contact us

The cool thing about welding is that there are so many career paths to choose from. From typical arc welding to niche one-off jobs the opportunities are definitely out there. One route that many experienced welders take is obtaining the Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and Certified Welding Educator (CWE) certifications. With certifications like these you can do so much more in the industry.

A CWI certification is widely recognized as a sign of leadership and a high skill level within the industry. Welders with a CWI certification have more job security and more advanced opportunities including higher earnings. As mentioned before, you need experience to qualify for the CWI certification but is definitely do-able with a few years under your belt. The CWI exam is made up of three separate tests. The first will assess fundamental welding knowledge while the final two will consist of open-book and inspection-based questions.

A CWE certification is for welders who want to take their career knowledge and use it to help train other welders. You should obtain a CWE certification if you want to instruct or teach newer welders. With this certification you will do things like prepare welding instruction, conduct skill and technical trainings, and create instructional materials. Additionally, you will be expected to do things like prepare and create reports, read drawings, understand the limitations of welder testing, understand welder qualifications, and understand all welding procedures and processes associated with the trade. To qualify for a CWE certification you will need at least a high school diploma or equivalent, training from a credible program, and four to five years of experience in the field.

Both of these certifications require hard work and experience but will lead to great career opportunities within the industry. If you are thinking of taking your career to the next level as a welder, consider earning your CWI or your CWE certification!

Comments are closed.